New unPhone. Some questions

Hi. I just got it. I turned it on. I haven’t hooked it up to anything yet. It turned on. The screen says its trying to connect to WiFi. This makes sense, since I haven’t connected it to anything or tried to configure the WiFi. I don’t even know how to do that yet. I have no docs for this.

But, I can’t turn it off. Its sitting there burning in the screen. Is there some magic way to turn it off? The slide switch that turned it on isn’t turning it off.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Sean

I found a SIM extraction tool and hit the reset. That turned it off. OK… now I can have fun with it later on this week…

Eek! Two apologies:

1. sorry I missed your message! the retail release has been delayed so long that it finally happening took us a bit by surprise :frowning:
  2. I think your issue means that some units have been sent out with oldish firmware, where the routine that checks the power switch doesn’t run when the wifi connection loop is running

Re. 2. the trick to shut it down is (as you’ve realised) to turn the power switch off and then hit the reset button (which is recessed, just beside the USB socket). On startup the check routine runs and tells the PMU to disconnect.

Hope that helps!